Having the vaccine will significantly reduce the chance of you getting very sick from COVID-19 and will also help to protect your family and your community.
Currently in NSW there are two main vaccination types with another one coming soon. All of these vaccinations need two injections a few weeks apart. When booking your first appointment, you also book your second.
Where do I go to get my vaccination?
If you have other health conditions, have questions about the vaccine or want to know which vaccine will be best for you, booking your vaccination with your GP is a good choice.
The NSW Vaccination Centre – Wollongong
To book a vaccine appointment:
- call 1300 096 365; or
- book online via the NSW Eligibility Checker https://www.health.gov.au. If you have any special requirements, the Vaccination Centre suggests you or your carer call first on the 1300 number to discuss them.
- You can also walk-in and get the vaccination (AstraZeneca only) at the Wollongong Vaccination Hub located in the old David Jones building in Wollongong Central (entrance through Globe Lane) on a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday between 10am and 2pm.
Vaccinations are available at more than 3000 locations across NSW including pharmacies. To find a location near you, visit the Vaccine Clinic Finder at covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au
I’m now double vaxxed, what do I do?
Being double vaccinated means you will have more freedom to move around the community, like meeting other double vaccinated people outside for a small picnic. More opportunities for double vaccinated people will be opening up in the coming weeks but you will need to be able to prove you have been vaccinated.
There are two ways to show proof of your vaccinations
- Your COVID-19 digital certificate
- Your immunisation history statementwhich lists your COVID-19 vaccinations as well as other vaccinations you have had.
To access your certificate or statement
- Online: Medicare account through your myGov account
- Call: The Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809(8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) for your statement to be posted to you. It can take up to 14 days to arrive in the post.
Once you have your COVID-19 certificate or your immunisation history statement, Greenacres would appreciate it if you sent a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep a record.
We are here to help
If you need any help with making your vaccination appointment or getting the proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations, Greenacres is here to help. You can talk to your DSO or call Greenacres on 4222 6200 or email email@example.com