With NSW having now reached the 70% full vaccination target, the state is starting to open again and so is Greenacres.
NSW Health has now released advice on recommencing day programs and we will be following all guidelines as we start to cautiously open up our centres again for group activities. From the beginning of the pandemic our first priority has been doing everything we possibly can to ensure the health and safety of our participants, staff and their families and we will continue to do so.
This means that from today, Tuesday 12 October, everyone attending a day program for group activities, including staff, should be fully vaccinated. This advice is in line with the Reopening NSW roadmap which requests only vaccinated people to participate in the easing of restrictions.
- If you are fully vaccinated, we will be welcoming back groups of up to 10 participants (not including staff) to the centres as long as we can still comply with the 4 square metre rule.
- If you are not fully vaccinated or have only had one dose of the vaccination, we can still continue to provide 1:1 support for you either at your home or with individual activities outside of the centre.
- Fully vaccinated participants will need to show their COVID-19 vaccination certificate when they first come back to the centre if this has not already been sent to Greenacres. Please let us know if you require any assistance getting a copy of your vaccination certificate.
- We will be continuing our strict COVID-19 cleaning and safety practices which includes all staff wearing a mask. Participants are also encouraged to wear masks inside if possible.
- Transport in an 8-seater van will include up to four fully vaccinated participants, in a 12-seater van will include up to six fully vaccinated participants.
- Transport for unvaccinated participants is one participant and one support worker or two or more participants if they live in the same household.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding and look forward to welcoming participants back to our Community Life and Leisure centres once again. Questions or clarifications should be directed to your or family member’s / participant’s service otherwise your call can be directed via our customer service office by ringing 42226200.