What is the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
It is a virus known to cause respiratory infections.
What are the symptoms?
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing which could turn into pneumonia
What can I do to prevent infection?
- Greenacres is insisting on social distancing which is staying at least two metres from other people at all times. This applies both at Greenacres sites and out in public including on public transport
- The best protection against any infection is good hygiene. This includes:
- Washing your hands often with plenty of soap and water.
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds or the time it takes to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ twice
- Washing your hands after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- Using a tissue and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze and then disposing of the tissue in the bin
- Not touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoiding handshaking, hugging and kissing when greeting your friends
What do I do if I have the symptoms?
- Stay at home
- Call Greenacres on 4222 6200 and let us know you are sick and why
- Call your doctor and follow their directions
What is Greenacres doing to prevent infection?
The health and well-being of our participants, supported employees and staff is always our number one priority. We are taking the following steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Continued communication through newsletters, emails, letters, quality circles etc
- Strict adherence to social distancing where practicable at all Greenacres sites
- All Greenacres staff have to complete an elearning module on managing the virus
- Promote good hygiene and cough etiquette
- Emphasise the importance of staying home when sick
- Provide free flu vaccinations to all employees of Greenacres
- Increase the frequency of cleaning activities and waste handling across the organisation
- Provide hand sanitiser dispensers at all CLL centres and building entrances in the ADE and Kickstart Centre
- People arriving with symptoms or feeling sick during the day will be separated from other participants and then sent home immediately.
What do I do if I have been overseas?
Please notify Greenacres immediately if you or someone close to you has returned from overseas.
What if I have had contact with someone who has been confirmed with coronavirus?
If you have come in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus you must stay at home for 14 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case.