Reviewing Your NDIS Plan
Now that the NDIS is fully rolled out, many NDIS participants are now going through the plan review process.
The good news is that there will be less questions this time around but just like the first meeting, the more time you spend preparing the better
the outcome will be.
Getting Ready for your NDIS Plan Review
The best place to start is by looking at the goals you had in your original plan.
What goals have you achieved in the last 12 months?
To continue the same level of funding in your second plan, you will need to be able to tell your Local Area Coordinator (LAC) or NDIA Planner what
goals are working well and how the funding you received was essential to your success.
What goals haven’t quite worked out?
What are some of the reasons your goal didn’t go to plan? Did you need more funding? Was your funding allocated to the right areas?
What are your goals for the next 12 months?
Now you have looked at past goals, it is time to plan your future goals. Some questions to ask yourself are:
- What goals remain the same?
- Do I have new goals for employment?
- Is there a new skill I would like to learn?
- Has my housing situation changed?
- What about my social life? Would I like to access the community more or have the opportunity to build more friendships?
- Do I have adequate access to the transport I need to achieve my goals?
Greenacres Five Top Tips to get the best out of your plan review
- Take the time to plan before you go to your meeting
- Write out a list of questions to take with you
- Bring relevant documentation such as medical reports
- Bring a friend, family member or someone you trust from a service you use who knows both the NDIS and your circumstances
- Get the contact details of your planner so if you forget something during your plan meeting you know how to contact them.
At Greenacres, we have a specialist support team dedicated to helping people with a disability and their families understand their entitlements,
create an individual plan or prepare for their plan review and really get the most out of the NDIS.
Contact us at email@example.com or phone 1800 462 446 to arrange a complimentary consultation with one of our friendly NDIS support
Get in contact