When the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) was first conceived it promised a brighter future for thousands of Australians. Today that promise
is falling short.
The problem is that the way in which the NDIS is being delivered means it’s not yet working for everyone.
- Complex planning processes and red tape are creating roadblocks
- Too many people aren’t getting the support they need due to inadequate funding
- The Government needs to provide secure, supported employment
Please join us and other disability service providers as we stand together for the NDIS Day of Action rally on Friday, May 3.
There will be a rally in both the Illawarra and the Shoalhaven.
- 11am in the Premiers Room, WIN Stadium, 46 Harbour Street, Wollongong
- 9am at the Nowra School of Arts, Berry Street, Nowra
Disability service providers across Australia are calling for:
- Secure, supported employment
- Better NDIS planning
- Less red tape
- Real sector safeguards
With these four steps we can deliver the NDIS promise.